Below you’ll find the creative process I use for most of my graphic design projects. Larger scope projects may require addition steps.
Identify and Empathize
- Study the design brief to identify the expected desired result.
- Empathize with expectations removing any bias to develop a clear understanding.
- Request additional information if needed.
Research and Define
- Gather inspiration to create a mood board of images, colors, and keywords.
- Compare expectations with client industry competitors.
- Define the scope and any barriers that may delay or sabotage the project.
Plan and Ideate
- Set a schedule of work and prepare resources.
- Consider particulars and any necessities within scope.
- Sketch low-fidelity ideas and solidify correct direction with the client.
Design and Develop
- Re-consider any remaining particulars or definite needs within scope.
- Draft 2-3 medium-fidelity versions from agreed direction.
- Develop high-fidelity proof for approval with maximum 2 revisions.
Approval and Delivery
- Submit proof for quality assurance check.
- Obtain approval from client allowing 2 revisions.
- When approved, finalize presentation and delivery vectorized files.